https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

Ahh! Yes, I did sleep until 1:00 this afternoon! Which only sounds lazy until you find out I didn't fall asleep until almost 8:00 this morning...

I don't know wtf is wrong with me. I laid around all night long, just like I have the last several nights, tossing and turning. I was too sleepy and tired to get up and do anything, but I could not fall asleep. I doze for a bit, usually plagued by bad dreams, then wake up and have to get up to do something - use the bathroom, grab a drink, grab a cookie or piece of cheese - pretty much anything. I do not get it.

I have suffered from insomnia off and on throughout my life, but not usually like this; when I've had insomnia before, I just could not sleep. It was like I just wasn't tired - I wasn't really "energized" or anything, just not sleepy. This is altogether different. I really think it has to do with my medication, but nothing's changed with it in months, so I don't really know what it could be. Maybe it's just that I'm anxious from all the changes I've been making with everything? I really don't know.

Today's pretty exciting: I am going to review some advance copies of two Image titles (I may not do both today, but I will get to one), then I am going to be working on Weird Ink and The OddBlog templates and design, and - if things work out well - there may be some new Chill content up by tonight/early tomorrow. No promises on anything except the Image review, but make sure to check out the other blogs, as things are definitely going down over there!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

e, have you gone to see the local quack about it yet?

Manodogs said...

Nah, I took some prescription stuff for insomnia a few years back and it worked fine for a few months, then I got used to it. When they upped the dosage, I started getting heart palpitations!

If it gets bad enough, I'll jaunt down to the drug store and snag a box of OTC stuff, but I really think it's just because I got my days and nights turned-around and haven't gotten back on-schedule yet.

Anonymous said...

So I take it that you like me don't like doctors. Unfortunately sometimes they are necessary

Manodogs said...

No, I don't particularly care for doctors, but like I said, I think it's just because my sleep schedule got so mixed-up. If it keeps up, I guess I will have to go in and have a check-up.

I could prolly use one, anyway...

Sire said...

Maybe you could find some boring blog to read, either that or a chamomile tea?

Sire said...

3rd time lucky, the last two comments didn't go through. Maybe you should try some chamomile tea or find a really boring blog to read.

Manodogs said...

Hahaha!

You know, before I moved here, I was all into all the teas and herbs and stuff. There's a shop in Murmphis dedicated to all of that (two, actually) and I grew up reading all about them from playing D&D and all that. Vervain, Lemongrass, Chamomile, and all that stuff... but there's absolutely nowhere anywhere near where I live now to find any of that.

I may have some Chamomile in the cabinet there - I'll check. Thanks for reminding me!

I do need to catch-up on my reading...