https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Back in Action, More on Surgery

Hey guys. Got back from the doctor's earlier but spent the majority of the afternoon on the phone with DSL, trying to get it up and running with no luck. They are sending someone out tomorrow, so hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

The doctor said it's a ganglian cyst, just as first suspected, but has no idea why there is so much pain. But like I said, there was no pain when it first appeared; the pain just started lately. Actually, the whole thing had gone away for a year or two and when it reappeared this time, there was a burning sensation and sharp, stinging pain when pressure is placed on it. They gave me a really spiffy splint and some pills that don't make me sleepy but do seem to kill the pain, so we're all good on those ends.

Next Tuesday, I am going to have it excised. There is a possibility of complications, including infection, stiffness, even arterial incision (they could cut something they can't make stop bleeding), but it's either that or just live with it and there really is some amount of pain with it, even if no one knows why.

I will obviously be out a few days then, but I have no idea for how long.

If anyone is interested in guest-blogging, I'm all ears. Otherwise, I will probably go through the drafts and rework some stuff, then schedule it.

Tonight and tomorrow (and the rest of the week) I'll get out some of these press releases and then I have a few things to get to about the industry. I also picked-up the first issue of Mad Magazine that I've read since elementary school, so I have a few things to say about that, as well.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: