https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Shirley Temple Dead at 85

Legendary child actress, Shirley Temple, died at her home at age 85 surrounded by friends, family, and loved ones.

I hate to sound irreverent because I grew-up enjoying Shirley Temple's movies just like most kids my age - they used to run them on basic cable basically all the time when there only was "basic" cable - but I would have sworn she was pushing 100! I also thought she died a few years back - okay, I guess I assumed she'd died but I really thought it was a safe assumption.

She left a great legacy that included a stint as a US ambassador. She was awarded a special Oscar in 1935. She documented her life in her bestselling 1988 book, Child Star: An Autobiography.

© The Weirding, 2014

No comments: