https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Playlists, Embedded Video, and The Weirding Media

If you follow The Weirding @ Facebook, you know we post a lot of links to various movies, videos, and TV shows. This, for now, constitutes "programming." When it comes to music videos in particular, I learned a while back that creating Playlists was a great way to go. In this fashion, listeners are welcome to follow along and pick and choose the songs they want to hear, or they can just hit "Play" on any of the videos and start rocking-out on the entire Playlist from there.

When it comes to TV/Movies, I can't say and haven't made up my mind as of yet. While I like the idea of Playlists, the truth is that few of them are on YouTube. I can make "Watchlists" on Crackle but they won't include the Playlist I made on Hulu - or even the Hulu videos to which I link!

So I'm checking out the technologies available to me for doing this thing. I'm pretty sure there's a built-in way to make FireFox Playlists - a way to list URLs across any number of sites that will be visited, one after the next. I may have to put them on a timer... or I may just have to learn more about embedding videos and change the way in which I am presently doing this.

In the meantime, be sure to at least visit our little FB page, check out the multimedia fare we're sharing, and leave a comment or two along the way!

© The Weirding, 2014

No comments: