https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Update

I told you this update would take a while but part of that has to do with publishing the pages in a timely manner for the search engines. Still, it takes a while to successfully design and test each webpage. I try to go for about a day per page but that rarely works. Most pages take several days just because there are so many elements. Designing a template takes twice as long because you have to double-check everything.

Some of the Directories have been updated and the rest of the pages will be rolled-out over the next few weeks. The old pages will be left in place for the time-being, so you shouldn't notice an interruption in navigation. There will be a new index and all of that eventually but that is one of the last things to be published as all the other pages must already be in place.

We really are looking for a better way to do our little Internet show, it's just that none of us has any previous experience with video and it isn't something you can learn overnight. Time spent doing that takes time away from designing and publishing the site as well as other projects. While time management may seem like the most important thing, you are mixing creative and practical endeavors which carry different mindsets and priorities and it can be difficult and tiresome to switch between these.

Speaking of acclimating, I just got new hardware and software. I had to do this on credit, so I'm also having to set aside some time for paid work pursuits and there haven't been a lot of those lately. I really couldn't afford all of it even on a credit card, so that's maxed-out now and I'm having to stay on a strict budget due to the payments (but only for a few months, as I bought a refurbished computer and my credit limit isn't exactly "high" to begin with).

Meanwhile, we are still recording the show because we enjoy doing it anyway. No one really watches the live broadcast but people are starting to visit the recorded videos. It really is a pain to have two videos going simultaneously, and difficult to keep synchronized, but we don't know another way to do it yet. We're also working on a chatroom app to use while watching the playback and we'll try to be around from time to time to join in the chat.

On an even more personal note, I had company all week long the week before last and it took me a week to recover! I'm getting back in the swing of things now.

I didn't keep up with whatever went on at SDCC this year but I haven't paid much attention to Comic-Con for a few years now. Some of the reports I read confirmed what I'd thought, in that it's become more of an expo for Hollywood than having anything to do with comics and games. I think it's great that so many people are having a good time with it but it isn't something that I have anymore than a passing interest in.

© The Weirding, 2014

No comments: