https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Busy Weekend

I am supposed to receive my repaired laptop tomorrow. It could be any time from early morning to late afternoon but, once I get it, I am going to have to reinstall literally everything - all of my programs, data, personal files, everything. The worst are the programs that install on download, like World of Warcraft. My Internet is slow, and downloading those programs all but cuts it off.

That aside, it's going to take quite some time anyway, just due to the nature of the process. I am one of those who defrags after installs, may find some need to edit the registry - all of that - but I don't delete the OS and do a full install. I'm not one of those guys (although I've always wondered if that makes it run better). I actually did a full Backup, but I've never restored a computer using Backup, and since I long ago started using USB and cloud storage, I don't think there's anything on there I need.

I have posts scheduled throughout the week, so you shouldn't even notice, but - given the problems I've had with this laptop - I don't know what to expect. I'm doing my best to keep up with things, and I sincerely hope I don't have to return it a third time (actually, I was told that if the problem persists after this attempt, I'd receive a new one), but I wanted to give you a quick update.

© The Weirding, 2016

No comments: