https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

OPT Pt. 2

So you noticed I didn't get to the advance reviews like I said I was going to, huh?

That's right. I also didn't get to pay my loan, nor speak to the cable company, nor pay my rent, utilities, or phone bill. Why? You might ask of me. Because I spent the entire day on Other People's Time.

When my ride - who left me twisting in the wind all day yesterday - finally showed-up, she had her aunt with her. And her aunt needed to get some cigarettes. But the place wasn't open, so instead of driving a mile down the road to somewhere that was, her 80-something aunt wanted to sit and wait until the girl got done with her lunch break. Half an hour later, we have to drive 50 miles in the opposite direction of where we were headed because my ride forgot something. Then, since she only uses gasoline from a specific station - why, I do not even want to know - we had to turn around and come back so she could fill-up. Except she didn't fill-up because she thought gas would be cheaper where we were headed.

Once we got to where we were going, my ride continued to pester me about doing things her way until I finally just gave-in. Of course, things did not go well doing them her way because her way is The Wrong Way, but instead of actually learning something for once in her life, she claimed it was because I had done it wrong. By now, it was right at 5:00 PM.

I could go-off on a rant about women, but I'd really like to at least entertain the notion of ever getting laid again at least once in my life before I die - you know, with a woman - so all I can do is sigh and gripe and acknowledge the fact that we have seriously gotten off-track here lately and I apologize.

God, I hope the last months of 2008 are better than these first few... if not, I just don't know what to tell you.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: