https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Computer... About Time, Right?

So the last computer that I bought as a replacement for the last computer that was destroyed by lightning was destroyed by lightning Friday night. Yes, that makes either four or five - I've honestly lost count at this point. The guy from the telephone company came out and double-grounded the box, but he admitted it was not something they normally did and he didn't know if it would help or not. That computer made it about six months.

I don't know what to do, but something is obviously wrong here. Anyway, I'm busy setting-up a brand new computer and have no way to get the information off the old one right now. I don't see any way of slaving the hard drive to this machine and getting the one that's in there out and back in is going to be too big a chore. I may just have to wait a few months to have the information swapped over.

I also have to figure out a way to hook up the old 98 box so I can pull some files from it. Of course, Vista doesn't quite "see" 98 machines, so it's all a big job that's going to take a few days. Yet again.

© C Harris Lynn, 2011

No comments: