https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Frank Miller Talks to Newsday

Regular readers, along with everyone who knows me, know I am a Frank Miller fanboy. As I've said many times before, I'm not completely blind - he's had his hits and misses. Of course, there have been far more of the former than the latter, and though I'm an admitted fanboy, I have not dutifully followed his career in many years.

However, I truly love the man's work and while "genius" is not a word I throw-around, Frank Miller is definitely a genius. The man has almost single-handedly reinvented the sequential art form. And please don't waste my time with that Alan Moore horseshit; Alan Moore is good, but Alan Moore is not Frank Miller good! What takes Moore seven years to accomplish, Frank can do in seven months - better, to boot. (Though I will grant you that has as much to do with the fact that he is a one-man team as his level of talent.) At any rate, I bristle whenever I hear criticisms of his work by people unfamiliar with his body of work - that's like basing your opinion of Brando solely on his work in The Island of Dr. Moreau.

Okay, enough fanboy-rambling: here's a quick chat with Frank from Newsday.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: