https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dark Conspiracy @ The Weirding

I'm not sure how y'all found it or what's going on (though I will find out), but I've noticed a whole lot of people hitting the Dark Conspiracy @ The Weirding material today, so I went ahead and published the introductory pages for you.

Several things to keep in mind:
  • This is still a WIP (work-in-progress), though I planned to publish it later this week as a twisted "Christmas present" anyway, so it's fairly stable
  • Most of the links have been disabled because those pages are not yet published
  • Dark Conspiracy @ The Weirding is not only a campaign, it is a full-fledged supplement for the 1st-Ed. Dark Conspiracy rules (GDW). I have no idea how compatible it is with 2nd-Ed. - I've never even seen the 2nd-Ed. books
  • The campaign portion of Dark Conspiracy @ The Weirding is extensive - Metrodome is fricking huge - and was developed over the course of about 15 years, so not only does it include the Dome and corporations, etc., but basically all the neighborhoods which comprise it; it may be a while before all of it is online
  • This material was originally published (on Fear the Outside) as a generic dark future setting, though it was developed specifically for use with 1st-Ed. Dark Conspiracy using those rules. DC was never as popular as it should have been, so I started rewriting it as a generic setting (which is what was on Fear the Outside); it is presently being re-rewritten as it was originally developed (for DC, specifically), which includes much more material. This explains all the mangled terms and so forth - just replace anything that doesn't fit with its proper equivalent (Corporate Zone with Dreamzone, etc.). This is being worked-out in rewrites
  • In effect, this material has never before been published
  • The FAQ covers the copyright mess, which effectively works thusly:

    • I hold the copyrights to Metrodome, but it is under the same Creative Commons License as the other RPG stuff developed for systems which do not belong to me. Basically, you can add to it, modify it, etc., so long as you attribute me (The Weirding) as the original source. For online ventures, this means YOU MUST LINK DIRECTLY TO HTTP://WWW.THEWEIRDING.NET/RPG/DC/. Absolutely none of this material can be published in print form without express, written consent from me

    • I have no idea who actually holds the rights to Dark Conspiracy, but we are not challenging anyone and are more than willing to work with whomever holds whatever rights to whatever

  • I'll get more of it up this week
Enjoy!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

We got stumbled! How cool is that? Just put the first two pages up and some nice guy done gone and stumbled all upon us.

Respectfully, I am going to try and get more of the Dark Conspiracy @ The Weirding up. I've been working on it since I posted this.

Make sure to check it out tomorrow and see what all I got up!

Thanks again for your support, guys!