Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nov. 10 Box Office Results

A lot has been made of the writers' strike and the disappointing numbers at the box office this past weekend, but there really isn't a connection. Not to mention that the bean-counters have taken a pretty hardline stance toward movies' performances as late; I think this summer of record-breakers has spoiled them! If a movie doesn't open at #1, it's immediately considered a disappointment (as with last weekend's Fred Claus). I thought it mattered how much a movie brought in compared to how much it cost to make? At least more than compared to how much all the other movies released that week made. But what do I know?

Anyway, Bee Movie made it up from #2 to #1 - the first movie to do that since 2005 - and 30 Days of Night managed to cling to the #9 position, which is a pretty good run. I haven't heard much about the flick and, with my car being down, I haven't had a chance to catch it anywhere, but it's one of those movies that will play well at home, so I can take it. Transformers is the movie I really hate that I missed in theaters.

1. Bee Movie, $26 million
2. American Gangster, $24.3 million
3. Fred Claus, $19.2 million
4. Lions for Lambs, $6.7 million
5. Dan in Real Life, $5.9 million
6. Saw IV, $5 million
7. The Game Plan, $2.4 million
8. P2, $2.2 million
9. 30 Days of Night, $2.1 million
10. Martian Child, $1.8 million

No comments: