https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jericho to Return

Inside sources at CBS said that "a decision to revive the show is imminent." The network seems to have been persuaded by a number of websites dedicated to the show, as well as a campaign by fans which sent the network 25 tons of peanuts. Apparently, "nuts" was a keyword in Jericho's season finale.

This is not the first time CBS has brought back a show in response to fans' letter-writing campaigns. In fact, CBS is one of the few major networks to have done this repeatedly. Designing Women was canceled and revived by rabid fans, as was Cagney & Lacey - both of which were CBS shows. Recently, FOX revived the animated series, Family Guy, after it began getting extremely high ratings in reruns on [adult swim].

Jericho is a post-Apocalyptic series about a small town trying to survive after a massive nuclear strike which has crippled the world - or at least America, or at least their immediate area. I saw a few episodes and some of my family members really enjoy it. Personally, it wasn't bad, but I wasn't immediately "hooked." I do know that it started out the season with really good ratings and I'd decided to catch some of the reruns over the summer. But then it was yanked from the schedule for a while and I think shuffled around.

Of course, I'm all for bringing back NBC's stand-out dramedy, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, so maybe we should get together and send 25 tons of strippers' boots to the network? I mean, that'd only be about 10 pair of platforms, right? I probably have that many in a box in my closet somewhere. Or maybe 25 tons of baseball bats? Or coconuts?

Hey, I'm trying here!

No comments: