https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New Fangoria Comic Sneak Peek

Newsarama, the cats who also help bring us Comics Shop News, has a few pages of the new Fangoria comic book, Beneath the Valley of the Rage. It is the prologue for the new Robert Kurtzman horror flick, The Rage. Apparently, it has something to do with a madman trying to inject the world with a serum called The Rage. One of the posters mentions that this may have been the same name of the "disease" which afflicted the Infected in the 28 Days movies, but I don't know if that is right or not, as I haven't seen the latest installment and I don't immediately recall it being mentioned in the first film.

I have to warn you, this is some rough stuff, so Mature Audiences Only.

Fangoria is really working the multimedia route, what with their first feature film announced and now their new line of comic books. But if I were being honest - and why not? - I don't particularly care for the artwork. I only mention this because, this being their first outing, I'd have expected them to really try and blow us away. I didn't try to read the text in the pages because it's just too small, so I'm hoping the story is better than the art.

It's not that it's particularly bad, again, it's just that I expected more from their first outing in the field. I hope this isn't an indication of what we can expect from their first film. Still, the gore is nicely done, and being Fangoria, I suppose that's the most important element.

No comments: