https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Political Correctness and More Pointless Semantics

Two stories in particular forced me to write this post because they sickened me to the point of vomiting!

A report on the "new high sweeping America" that was on FNC earlier told total dumbasses everywhere about "The Choking Game" - where kids choke one another into momentary unconsciousness. This is really new - it was really new when I was in the 7th-grade, too (I'm 33 years old)! - and has been sweeping America for something like 20 years now... but that's not what angered me.

Apparently, some dumbass kids (look who raised them!) filmed themselves doing this and when one girl went down, her boyfriend (who had choked her out) slapped her on the butt. Everyone was fully-clothed and no sex-talk was in play, but he spanked her on the bottom. And FNC claimed she was "sexually assaulted"!!!

You heard me: the kid swatted her on the fanny and this constitutes sexual assault, according to FNC.

Over to CNN, this new guy who follows the great Lou Dobbs is reporting on someone calling Hillary Clinton a "bitch." Apparently, this talking haircut thinks this is the worst thing in the world, and continually refers to it as "The B-Word." What is this guy, stuck in the effing 6th-grade? Quick - somebody choke him out!

The dumbest thing about this story is that John McCain, who is the guy this talking head is attacking in conjunction with this report, didn't even say "The B-Word" - a woman in the audience did! So McCain is being criticized for not scolding her! No shit! Talk about manufacturing the news...

Either way, this is direct evidence of just how far this country goes to make mountains out of molehills, for whatever reason they happen to find on that day. Every American is under the impression that they have the right to be offended by damn near everything anyone else does and takes every opportunity to be so offended. The parents of the kids who joined Hannah Montana's damned fan club are suing the club for not giving them free tickets, for eff's sake! It's just outrageous!

So what if this woman in McCain's audience called Hillary Clinton "The B-Word"?! You want some real news, CNN?: Hillary Clinton is a bitch! And I don't care where you're from nor what you believe, a boyfriend playfully slapping his girlfriend on the bottom is not sexual assault - it isn't assault and it isn't even necessarily sexual in nature!

QUIT MANUFACTURING THE EFFING NEWS AND REPORT IT!

What a horrible country this is, where you actually feel dumber after watching the news!

4 comments:

sapheyerblu said...

Holy "S". Ok, let's look at this one point at a time. If getting slapped on the ass, oops, "butt", is sexual in nature, the NFL needs to be sued by every member for the past 100 years.

I heard about the Hilary Clinton thing and from a woman's point of view, HILARY CLINTON IS A BITCH! Personally, I can think of a better word for her, that rhymes with "punt". :o)

Leave poor little Hannah Montana alone. She's just a kid who's life is ruled by managers, agents, and a dad who's not all that bright himself.

Now here's one for you. I just read this the other day on Sire's blog. A company in Australia is currently hiring Santas for the upcoming shopping season. However, these Santas are being instructed to use the term "ha,ha,ha", because standing around going "ho,ho,ho" could potentially offend women in the shopping malls. WHAT?!?!?!

It's nice to know that this political correct crap has made it's way overseas.

Manodogs said...

Ho ho ho-ly shit! Seriously?

I tell you what, it's getting so that I'm scared just to walk out of my house for fear of someone attacking me then getting away with it because, "I just didn't like the way he looked; it offended me!"

That may sound like I'm taking things a bit far, but let's be honest here: who is taking things too far?

If I had the right to silence every person who offends me, this world would be an incredibly quiet place.

Anonymous said...

My son died from the choking game - three years ago yesterday.

http://writingcanvas.wordpress.com/2007/12/11/our-son-matthew-in-remembrance-3-years-in-heaven/

Manodogs said...

How awful, Lori. My deepest condolences go out to you and your family. I was not making fun of the choking game, I was just pointing out how it has been around for basically ever, and the news agencies trot it out as a "new fad" once every few years on a slow news day. In this particular instance, it was made even worse by the fact that the guy playfully spanked his girlfriend and this act was declared "sexual assault."

I apologize if it brought up painful memories for you, but that was not my intention; the point is that the news agencies sensationalize non-news items and trump-up genuine ones. They manufacture the news to titillate and entice viewership and it's reprehensible to me.