https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Brad Renfro Dead

As you know, I am from Tennessee and have lived here all my life, so I would like to preface this post by saying I am very sorry to Brad's friends and family, some of whom I may know but have since lost contact with. I know several Renfros and checked with those I am still close to and they said there was no relation, but just in case I missed anyone, please know that I tried to contact as many of you as I knew how to and I am just going from reports I have read. I was 19 or so when Brad Renfro made his big-screen debut and never knew him personally. Our deepest condolences go out to all of his friends and family.

Brad Renfro got his start in movies in the John Grisham film adaptation of The Client, some of which was filmed in Memphis, TN. Renfro was a native of Knoxville, TN, and had a very promising start. Unfortunately, he never seemed to live-up to the hype surrounding him. In recent years, his faltering star was further tarnished by allegations of drug abuse and he was facing charges stemming from an arrest regarding attempted heroin possession. He had agreed to enter a drug-rehabilitation program and said he was "tired of paying" for his destructive behavior. He had previously served 10 days on an unrelated drug charge.

Coroners have not disclosed the reasons for his death.

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

An autopsy of the young actor's body was performed yesterday, but details will not be released until a toxicology report is returned in a few weeks.

Friends said Brad Renfro had been drinking the night before he was found dead by his girlfriend, but it is not known if he was under the influence of anything else.

I spoke with everyone I know and none are related to the late actor. Our condolences to his friends and family.