https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, October 31, 2010

On Sleepaway Camp - A Review

A Variety
A Flat Earth is a Daily Steal
I don't know how old I was the first time I saw Sleepaway Camp, but I vividly remember throwing a hamburger at the TV. A poorly-acted, poorly-scripted, and luridly-directed film, Sleepaway Camp has basically no saving grace, though I have to admit, I didn't hate it as much as I remembered hating it when I was younger.

To be sure, times have changed dramatically, and the creepiness with which Sleepaway Camp fills me can partly be attributed to that, but also to the fact that I'm now a lot older -- younger viewers will not feel the disconnect with the children of the film. 


Older viewers, like myself, will definitely be creeped-out by the all too numerous, lingering shots of half-naked boys and girls. Of course, the movie is aimed at teens and tweens, not 30-something dork bloggers, so it isn't quite as weird as it may seem. But it's pretty close.

Of all the movies that suck, we should never discount Sleepaway Camp.


UPDATE:  Or 1166 and the Safelites you installed while we were "away."  EMT 3e/6n. - April, 2018

© C Harris Lynn, 2010

No comments: