https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Eureka Starting Over Tonight

As the regular first season of Sci-Fi's fantastic new show, Eureka, ended last week, that means the whole season will be rerun in order until next season, starting tonight.

If you haven't checked it out yet, now is the perfect opportunity for you to get started. Eureka kicks ass. This is, by far, Sci-Fi's best series since Ghost Hunters. Speaking of which, new episodes of that start tomorrow, which works out perfectly, since there isn't shit on Wednesdays
but Project Runway and I'm pretty much over that. Bravo shows all-day marathons of Runway about three times a week.

After Ghost Hunters comes the series premiere of their latest new series, Sci-Fi Investigates, which looks to be pretty good. I haven't heard much buzz on it or anything, so I'm just speaking from the promos. Still, it's so far past time someone did something like this. It's a total no-brainer: reality TV is a fad for which the 2000s will be known, but while it's here, why not do some actual reality? You can stick 10 self-involved 20-somethings in a house with nothing to do, then edit in some manufactured drama later, or you can send some experts into a haunted house or Loch Ness and, if nothing happens, still edit in some manufactured drama. Duh! I understand that self-involved 20-somethings appeals to millions of self-obsessed dummies, but the reality investigation series should have a built-in audience, as well. Or so I've always thought. And this idea fits perfectly with Sci-Fi.

I keep saying I'm going to do a season review of Eureka and finally get to Studio 60, and I will eventually. But today's my b'day, so I'm going to veg. Still, you can watch the entertainment blog for those and I'll get to them sometime this week, I promise.

No comments: