https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, October 13, 2006

TCM Underground

I am a huge fan of the Turner Classic Movies Channel (TCM). Tonight, I watched a rare interview with Groucho Marx on the Dick Cavett Show which originally aired in 1969, followed by several of the the Marx Brothers' best (including Animal Crackers and Duck Soup).

That's how I heard about their new program, TCM Underground premiering tonight (Friday 13th). It's cult movies (mainly horror, from the looks of it) and is hosted by Rob Zombie. How cool is that?

I was never a huge White Zombie fan, even though I absolutely loved the remix album, and Rob Zombie owes me $4.99 for House of 1000 Corpses, but I love old, cult classics and I admit I'm interested to hear what he has to say about whatever they're showing. He's no dummy, that Zombie boy. But that House of 1000 Corpses sucked out loud.

Anyway, it premieres late night tonight. If I figure out what's showing and have time (and remember), I'll let you know.

5 comments:

catlady said...

Hey, MD. They are playing [i]The Uninvited[/i] and the 1963 version of [i]The Haunting[/i], two of my favorites! In fact, the 1963 version of [i]The Haunting [/i] is, in my opinion, the scariest movie ever made! Woo-Hoo! Good stuff on tonight!!!

catlady said...

Ah, poo! I got used to using BBC on BF and forgot and used it over here! Sorry!

Manodogs said...

After that's Poltergeist and Plan 9. They've been showing really good flicks lately. They always do this time of year. They've even shown The Exorcist uncut!

I assume Plan 9 will the Rob Zombie program.

Manodogs said...

Ed Wood double-feature: Plan 9 From Outer Space and Bride of the Monster. I have no idea what Rob Zombie knows about these flicks, but we'll see.

Manodogs said...

I missed the second movie introduction, but Zombie completely phoned the first one in. It was as if he were telling the viewer, "I'm too cool to be here and I'm only doing it for the money." I don't know which makes him a bigger douche: the fact that he would do it just for the money or the fact that he has the nerve to act like he's upset about it.