Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Friday, August 24, 2007

08-24-07


Hey kids, how are Things?

It looks like little Miss Lohan narrowly escaped some serious trouble, but I am dismayed to hear her blaming it all on "addiction." Sure, I figure she's "addicted" to something, but it's not drugs and alcohol, it's fame, fortune, and power. Drugs, alcohol, and sex are just there and she's become addicted to being able to indulge as much as she wants without consequence. I fear we haven't heard the last of all this, but I sincerely hope we have. For the future of our children (mine and Lindsay's - don't get melancholy!).

I haven't gotten any response on the press releases. I don't have to release them in full, I just don't know which ones are going to garner a response or what everyone thinks. For example, I was just going to note that Halo: Uprising had sold-out in under 24 hours, but knowing how popular the game is and how many people reading this are likely fans (hell, even I have played Halo!), I thought it was newsworthy enough to include in full, but I don't know. Plus I love being able to show you the artwork previews. In fact, I have noticed that we are bringing you some of the artwork long before anyone else, and I am proud of that.

Now I will most likely include all press releases from the "smaller" companies because, well, everyone knows who Cap is, everyone knows who Wolvie is, etc., and their fanbase is pretty well locked-in, but even I hadn't heard of Hawaiian Dick and that is definitely right up my alley! So I like to do that to turn y'all on to stuff you probably haven't heard of.

Of course, we'll never quit dropping some celebrity news and politics on you from time to time and, especially with the sheer volume of press releases we've been receiving, we will probably be doing a lot more of the ol' Rundowns. That's just part of the process: now that we are getting the "inside dope" more frequently and have so much more to report, it's going to take us some time to settle in and figure out a system for delivery.

Here's to hoping everyone is staying inside! Hell, half the country is baking and the other half is swimming, so what else have you got to do?

No comments: