Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Cyberpunk RED

So, Gamestop was closing when Cyberpunk 2077 was released and the only place I could have picked it up had locked its doors. And there is nowhere anywhere near here that sells RPG (well, there wasn't then), but I got super-lucky for my birthday and picked up a copy of Cyberpunk RED for right at $10.00, so I'm all-in.

If I ever make enough money to legitimately declare myself a business, I just spent $10 on a business deal. That's the deal. And it's true; you'll be seeing new Cyberpunk-related material here soon -- just as soon as I'm done reading it and start soloing it.

In the meantime, it's $10 well-spent. I'm still referencing Cyberpunk 2013, FFS. TBH, I already invested $10 in the Combat Screen a year ago, just so I could cobble together a d10 combat system I like. Although Gamma World was the first RPG I ever played, Cyberpunk was the RPG I played the most after AD&D, so this worked-out perfectly for me. Plus, it's my birthday, which makes it even sweeter. I picked up that version of Gamma World last week, too.

I'm loving it so far, but let me say this: Seeing the HTML for this makes me want to cry; this is what everything should look like by now, and it's perfect that Cyberpunk would be the product to bring this sort of textualization to life. The roll-over pop-up "hints" sections are perfect and I really envy their online creative department (not their job, just their personnel).

© The Weirding, 2024

No comments: