https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, May 24, 2007

How Boston Extorted Money from [adult swim]

Months ago, we reported how the city of Boston thought that signs showing one of the Mooninites (I can't recall which one, maybe Ignitnok or whatever) flipping the bird were actually explosive devices. Why, we have no idea.

As I first reported, I thought maybe I could understand how such a mistake could be made, specifically because they were first referring to them as "vandalism" and possibly "incendiary devices." I didn't find it hard to believe that anyone would not know what Aqua Teen Hunger Force is, but I found it pretty damned hard to believe that everyone would not know what ATHF is. And then I thought about that scene in Fight Club, where they scale the building and set it on fire and paint the smiley face on it. So I guessed I could understand the mistake.

That's before I saw the signs.

There's no way anyone in their right mind could mistake the obviously silly ads for anything other than possibly "vandal art." To charge someone with vandalism over these signs is a stretch, but to make a Homeland Security issue out of this whole thing is shameful.

But, now, let's not forget: Boston is a known Mob-run city, so such extortion tactics have obviously become ingrained in their collective population. They charged the independent contractors who were hired to place the signs around town, then used that as a bargaining chip to extort $2 million from Time-Warner and Cartoon Network for supposedly harming their city.

People of Boston? You harmed your city. You elected these dipshits who can't tell the difference between a cartoon character and a bomb! You didn't have one person in the entire city that even knew what the cartoon was or had the balls to stand up and say, "That's a cartoon character, you dummies!" You opportunists sat down and kept your mouths shut and profited off the entire thing.

Boston should be ashamed of their knee-jerk reaction, their collective inaction, and their extortive action. As a city, as people, as Americans, and as human beings.

Were I these two contractors, now that charges have been dropped, I'd sell my homes, move my families as far away from that shithole as humanly possible, and write a book. Then I'd call [adult swim] and get a few guest spots doing voice-over work to help promote them, then send out a press release to bloggers like myself, and make sure you get your part of that $2 million.

After all, why should the politicos of Boston, Massachussetts be the only ones whose hookers and dope are paid for by your simple mistake?

No comments: