Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Monday, October 22, 2007

Tonight's Heroes (10-22-07)

Once again, Heroes is off to a bumpy start - and succession. Tonight's episode was significantly better than last week's, but that isn't saying much because last week's was utter shit; I don't even remember what happened last week other than Molly getting looped.

But if we're being honest (and why not?), tonight's episode was actually pretty decent. It's a step in the right direction, at least. They seem to finally be getting a hang on how to handle such a large cast and keep the audience from getting completely lost - or the writers, as the case may be.

I am almost afraid to mention it, but it seems to me that someone invested in a long run of Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men. JUST SAYING. It wasn't quite that well-handled, but it definitely reminded me of his deftness at swapping characters and storylines without losing the reader.

You know I'm not one for synopses - never have been, really - I opine, and thus, my opinion. But I will say that all of the main characters' stories were forwarded this week (unless I'm forgetting someone - oh yeah, Claire!), even if each and every one wasn't exactly centerstage (or even on stage, now that I remember Claire), and that's more than just a step in the right direction; that's the way it should have been all along!

Of course, by this point in the game, everyone's general story is out there and developed enough so that we have some idea what's going on and what to expect. That makes it easier to both swap around and keep up and I'll freely grant that.

No comments: