https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Burn Notice - Season 2

I know I kinda panned the season premiere, but let's face it: when you watch them back-to-back, it blends right in as a "ho-hum" episode - had I not seen it as the premiere, I would never know that's what it had been. Just not a great episode.

But I'm writing this to say Burn Notice definitely turned things around, just as I'd hoped it would. By the third episode of the season, we were back to the first season's light-hearted action. I enjoy dark, gritty, action-packed dramas as much as the next guy, but Burn Notice was never that. It hinted at darkness from time to time and I do not mind when it does, but the opening show was basically all dark, void of everything that had made the show what it was from the start - and I do not like that; it is just plain bad form to switch gears halfway into something.

But, with only one episode to go for this second season, I have to say Burn Notice went back to the original formula (more or less) and recaptured that playfulness which made it what it is.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: