https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Now Get THIS:

So I called the Lexington (TN) Electric Company earlier this week - this is the same company which went around and around with me for about six months, trying to convince me they had sent a $40 check back to the bank (because utility companies do that... oh that's right, they do not - nor did this one) - and they got smart with me both times. They provided me no information, were curt, and basically told me I have to find a ride 20 miles into town - absolutely no other options, not for the disabled, not for the elderly, not for shit - and bring my driver's license and something with my social security number on it.

So I do this.

And then they tell me I need a $75 security deposit, along with a $25 connection fee, as well as a $25 same-day service fee. Regardless of the fact that I have been a customer there for over three years now - so long, in fact, that they showed me where they had refunded me the $50 security deposit I made three damned years ago - you know, because I was such a good and timely customer.

I don't have $125! I didn't even know I needed $125, otherwise I may well have been able to do something about it before the 1st, you know? I honestly don't know what, but still...

Now, here's the real kicker: I have over $250 credited to my account right now. The Lexington Electric Company (aka, LES) - that's Lexington, TN, you understand - told me that would be applied to my bill, but not my $125 connection fee.

It costs $120 non-refundable to connect gas and water. This is in addition to the $125.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: