Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Sunday, January 28, 2007

TV Tonight

Tonight on Sci-Fi, they're rerunning the premiere of Dresden Files, then a new episode, then Battlestar Galactica

I have tried and tried to get into Battlestar, but it just ain't happening. I'm a dramedy fan, but even if you are going to do a straight drama, you really have to have some lighthearted moments or storylines -- for contrast, if nothing else. Straight drama just annoys me; I don't enjoy it at all. It beats me down and, after 15-20 minutes, I start flipping channels.
[adult swim] has absolutely nothing new on tonight, except Moral Orel. I am really impressed with Orel, not least of all because it has to be the hardest and most involved of all the [as] shows to make and it's the only one that consistently has new episodes. Last week (or was it the week before?), they showed Harvey Birdman instead of 12-Oz. Mouse -- which totally works for me. Birdman is way better than Mouse, any day, all day. Tonight, they're also showing old Sealab and Brak Show reruns.


The Sarah Silverman Show premieres Wednseday on Comedy Central, sometime before or after Naked Trucker and T-Bone (which isn't always laugh out loud funny, but is pretty good if for no other reason than that T-Bone cracks me up!). Sarah Silverman is possibly the hairiest woman in show business and I'd still drink her bathwater out of her shoe after a hard day's work. But she did date Jimmy Kimmel (might still be dating him, I don't know), and that's a total turn-off.

Speaking of which, I heard that Slayer played Kimmel last week and I'm really sorry I missed that. Slayer rocks and, even though they had a few off years (since like, oh 1990 or so), the songs I've heard form their new album sound almost just like their old, good stuff.

No comments: