https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, May 17, 2007

500th Post


Wow, I blather a lot, huh? I just wanted to stop for a second and hit this little benchmark.

July will be our first birthday here on our new Blogger digs. As I've said before - somewhere, on some blog, at some point - Blogger was around back when I started The Rundown, but it was not owned by Google and was only one of many "new" blogging sites cropping up in the very midst of what was (even then) the "Dot-Com Boom." There was LiveJournal and DeadJournal and I don't remember what-all else - largely because most of the rest of them are gone!

It's not unlike right now, with the dozens of blogging communities, social networking, and social bookmarking sites; many of these will be gone in the next few years. Some will be bought-up by larger sites and absorbed into the Yahoo! and Netscape -type portals of tomorrow; others will be bought-out by larger, similar sites and combined into one (watch for MySpace, in particular, to start buying-out competition and adding their features, design, and members to their own roster in the next 2-3 years); many more will simply fold. In many cases, you are certain to lose your blog, profile, pics, and everything else you have on there (so you'd better back them all up now!).

So it took me a while to come around to the ol' Blogger. And here we are, 500 posts later.

We'd like to thank our agent, Marty Shroveman; our manager, B.B. Durning; my beautiful, future ex-wife, Candi-with-an-I; and my Himalayan whistle-kid, Lime. Oh! And thank you to all of you, without whom... well, I'd be sending out a shitload of e-mails! Everyday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hoo!! Congrats M.O.D., I'm so proud.

Keep up the good work and know that someone will always be popping in to say hi.