https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Menu for the 4th

Maybe some readers outside the country don't know what goes on for our Independence Day here on the 4th, so I figured I'd give them a short Rundown on my own plans:

Firstly, I'll be drunk. As hell. Knee-walking, butt-pinching, inappropriate joke-telling drunk. 'Cuz that's American.

Secondly, I have no idea what marathons are running tomorrow, except that Sci-Fi will show their annual Twilight Zone marathon, but I will more than likely be watching a marathon of some type. Then I will be shooting some fireworks, which will likely be pretty dangerous because I will be so drunk - so damned drunk - that I may hit a cat, or a stray dog, or a housewife. And my breath will be highly flammable.

The menu?
  • BBQ short ribs, made with a dry rub and a special blend of sauce (I am from Memphis, you know)
  • Potato salad - made with mustard, thank you
  • Coleslaw
  • Baked Beans with BBQ sauce and bell pepper
  • Green salad with Bleu Cheese dressing
  • German chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
  • Homemade banana cream pie
  • Homemade yeast rolls (now rising)
  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Coca-Cola
Oh, you should be here for Thanksgiving! That's when I break out the MST3K tapes and something we call cornbread dressing.

No comments: