Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Brief Rundown - 08-01-2007


The way I do the Rundowns is not the same way I did them back in The Day (over to the old GeoCities site); back then, I just point-bulletined whatever I was discussing that day because I did like whole rants. Whatever the hell was on my mind usually ruminated for a few days, then I just jumped from one topic to the next and added a bullet when I changed topics.

Now, I tend to collect little bits of news and trivia, whatever it is, and try to group them by topic or subject - like a comics Rundown, a movies Rundown, and etc. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, but the real problem is that by the time I have enough stuff to do a decent Rundown, most of it is old news.

So I decided to go ahead and get this Rundown, however brief, out there so you had the information upfront:
  • IDW has secured the rights to Speed Racer and a new series is in the works. The movie is scheduled to be released next year.
  • Dr. Who - the longest-running sci-fi TV series in history - is about to get a comic book makeover.
  • Kevin Smith will direct at least one episode of the new Heroes: Origins spin-off
  • Ultimate Spider-Man #111 is Mark Bagley's last issue in what is his longest run on a title to-date for Marvel. Stuart Immonen will take over the reigns.
  • This month sees the debut of Sam Keith's Batman/Lobo crossover, Deadly Serious. The two-issue mini-series is one of the most highly-anticipated comics of the year.
Remember, some objects in The Rundown appear closer than they are.


No comments: