https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rundown

After just reporting - and it was exactly that, contrary to what I specify in the post itself - on two blogger-related deaths so far this year, we're now in Hour 43 and we're going all the way!...

No kidding; I have no actual mathematical accounting for exactly how long I have been awake at this point, but at least I'm eating better. I mean, when you can't sleep, can't work, and have less than three cigarettes to your name - oh yes, and did I mention no coffee? - you tend to eat more. From a health perspective, I figure it's a quality trade-off; to be honest, I am worrying more about my health lately, specifically because of the articles I read on bloggers dying, how much I smoke, and how much I abuse myself (not like that!). I don't sleep enough, I don't sleep regularly, I don't eat enough, I don't eat regularly. I smoke too much, I drink too much caffeine, and my diet is a repetitive joke.

Now I have a touch of insomnia, anyway - the worst kind: insomnia-induced somnambulism - no shit: I have insomnia to the point that I go into a kind of waking-state, where I do things like pour creamer into the bottle of instant coffee and attempt to stir it with two spoons. True story (at least I figured out what was stinking-up the place!). This goes back to childhood; my mom can tell you some doozies (a "doozy" is like a "really big deal"-type thing - do they have "doozies" in other regions of the country or is it a Southern thing?), but my favorite is the night (not so long ago, actually), I awoke in my kitchen floor with a can of shaving cream in one hand and a tub of frosting in the other. Long story short, I squirted the wrong one in my mouth and awoke with a start. How? Why? Where? No idea - none.

Now, I have no idea if this bout of insomnia is health-related or blog-related; one of the things we bloggers do is "mentally blog" literally every little thing in our lives. I "blog" walking to the store; I "blog" waiting in-line at the grocery store; I "post an entry" on the commercial I see while waiting in the doctor's office... almost none of these mental blogs are ever actually committed to print, but they "exist" in that Netherworld between IRL and the Blogosphere, so are nonetheless "real" to me. Bits and pieces make their way into this post or that one - little observations and minute blatherings I find particularly witty or amusing for one reason or another (often situational, so it loses most of its meaning when it hits the screen) - so have I gone Over to the Darkside of Bloggerdom, or am I merely squirting shaving cream in my mouth?

(Ew. That sounds vaguely sexual even to me and I remember the experience as most unpleasant.)

(I'm literally punch-drunk, huh?)

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: