https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, May 30, 2008

Beautiful Friday

So I got the DirecTV hooked up the other day.

You wouldn't believe the horseshit we had to go through with the maintenance crew here. They told the guy to hook it to the electrical conduit, which they (of course) are not allowed to do - and I wouldn't have wanted them to anyway! I mean, that's just begging for a lightning bolt. The tech said he wanted to sink a 3-4' pole and set the dish on that, but these knobs didn't want him to because they didn't want to mow around it!

I mean, if it was out in the middle of the yard, I would give them that, but he was talking about getting it right by the wall, which he eventually did and it looks great. I have to hook-up this 98 box for a whole host of reasons, so I will dig-up the camera software and post you a pic of the work. It looks really good, honestly - you can hardly even see it!

So I spent the past couple days customizing my channel guide, which is a feature I have always loved about Direct. If you don't know, you go into your Settings and find Favorite Channels, then select Channels I Get. It automatically adds all the channels to which you are subscribed. Then you go through and manually remove the channels you don't watch or care for. That way, whenever you look through your Guide, you only see the channels you actually watch, instead of having to scroll through dozens of screens full of PPV listings, God channels, shopping networks, and so forth.

I have recently become addicted to The Virus - one of the XM stations Direct carries. It's the talk radio channel at the end of the dial (and the end of the dial on Direct reaches the 9000s! - The Virus is actually 879 on Direct) and it runs the Anthony & Opie Show about 20 hours out of the day... Jim Norton is funny and I do find the guys personable, but it gets kind of old around the fourth or fifth replay. Still, it's basically been stuck on this channel since I had the services installed.

It's right around 90° outside, but it's actually a pleasant 90°, if there is such a thing.

I'll get some things out to you throughout the day and especially over the weekend, but I am specifically working on some news over to The OddBlog, so things will be a little slow today. If you're into the paranormal and odd news bits, please join us over there! Other than that, I am editing older entries, managing tags, and so forth... which is weird, because all that stuff takes 50x longer on dial-up, yet I always seem to be "inspired" to do it whenever I am limited to DUN.

Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your Friday and we'll be here throughout the weekend (God willing), so give us some comments! I love hearing from you guys.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: