Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Please allow me to introduce myself...

I've been listening to the Stones so I couldn't help myself!

Since I'll be adding content to the blog over the next few days, I thought you should get an idea about me and at least one of the subjects I write about online.

My online wanderings are purely a sideline to my real "job" and they have been a lot of fun and actually made some extra cash - a definite bonus.

The main website I spend time on as mentioned in a previous post is Comic Book Secrets. My site and blog is dedicated to the cash side of the comic book collecting hobby. This doesn't only include speculators and investors, but I also aim content to readers and pure collectors. It doesn't matter what category you fall under, at some point we all have to depart with cash to get our "fix." The smart person gets the comics for the lowest possible price.

I also talk about selling comic books. Most of us sell or divest (an important distinction I'll make in the future) our books at some point or another and you should get the max possible return.

I've been involved in collecting rare comics for over 30 years. I've seen a lot of good and bad in the hobby and I share my experiences with my readers. I still read some comics off the newsstand and I'm a big fan of anything related to comic book characters - movies, books, graphic novels, original art, you name it.

Over the next few days I'll share some events I'm looking forward to this summer from both a fan and monetary viewpoint, plus some trends in the marketplace. Talk to you next post - Sean.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: