https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, July 11, 2008

Fine Morning

I stayed up and watched the Burn Notice replay last night, just to see if my attitude toward it changed. It hadn't. I fell asleep fairly early and kept waking up to use the bathroom. I'm making a conscious effort to cut-back on the Cokes, so I've been drinking a lot of water...

Anyway, I woke up at exactly 9:20am. The titlecard for one of my favorite childhood movies was coming on TV. I don't know if I heard the theme music and my brain woke me up to see it or if it was just a very precise coincidence, but I got up.

I'm sure you've noticed several lengthy posts lately. Part of that is because I have been thinking too much, but I told you to expect more generally involved posts from here out. I spent most of the other day working on my computer - finding gadgets, do-dads, add-ons, and utilities that make what I do that much easier. I kept putting-off doing this because I knew it would take a while to accomplish, but it really frees-up time, allows me to do a lot more without working harder, and makes everything easier! I have been using that time to work on the site.

Speaking of which, I'd forgotten I increased my resolution a while back. I dropped it back to 1024x768 and saw that the blog and much of the site run off the side of the page. That was my mistake and I'm sorry. Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to go in and change that. I am going back to the higher resolution once I am finished designing everything and the more technology improves, as quickly as it is improving, the more prices drop, so there's no sense going backward. If you have a monitor and graphics card that can take it, I highly suggest increasing your resolution to at least 1152x864 (uncommon setting); 1280x760 is what I'm working toward, but I realize most people are still working at far lower resolutions, so I'm not trying to force you to change anything in order to enjoy The Weirding. Still, the higher your resolution, the better the site looks, feels, and operates.

So I have a few more lengthy, involved posts for you today, but I'm going to sandwich them between a bunch of quick-to-read press releases, so enjoy!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: