Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Male MUST BE MID-LATE 20′S and SIX FEET OR TALLER. LEAD.

That is the headline for the Thor casting call, as Marvel has apparently yet to decide on a lead for Kenneth Branagh's feature film. I'm not sure who I would cast here, though both Winchester brothers were suggested in another forum.

I actually don't get into the casting thing too much, for no good reason I can think of. I said Sean William Scott as The Riddler - and I stand by that - but that's about as far as I go. I did, however, suggest Frasier Crane (Kelsey Grammer) for Beast long before he was in the running - or even mentioned! I also suggested Robert Downey, Jr. for Iron Man long before he was in the running (though he probably was mentioned - I don't know for certain, but I would think he would have been a forerunner to begin with, most likely for the same reasons he was to me). Aside from that, I had Billy Idol as Judge Dredd many, many years ago, and I still think he would have visually fulfilled the role.

Anyway, just putting that out there. If you're a 6'1+ 20-year old, you might want to dye your hair blond and head out to Hollywood. And no, that's not a pick-up line.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: