Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Horror from Afar

One of the funnest things about the Interw3bz, and blogs in particular, is coming across someone's meandering little thought process burning brilliantly. This collection of "Distant Horrors" images taken from 10 classic horror flicks is just such a find.

While a total and unabashed gorehound, I don't find the basic mad-slasher flick particularly scary, or even unnerving; familiarity is part of it, suspension-of-disbelief in the face of what is basically accepted (celebrated) triteness is another, but whatever the case may be, the subtle always strikes a deeper chord with me, and I'm not alone. Several of these stills are truly chilling on their own and I thought y'all would enjoy this post as much as I did.

© C Harris Lynn, 2010

No comments: