https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, June 28, 2007

New Developments in Benoit Case


As I said before, I haven't watched rasslin in years now, and hadn't watched it since grade school until about 2000, when I was working in a bar where everyone came on Monday nights to see it. But I knew who Chris Benoit was and I couldn't believe the news of his and his family's deaths.

In new developments, police raided Benoit's doctor's office after finding "narcotics" and anabolic steroids in Benoit's home. Now, I need to point out that these "narcotics" are 99.9% likely to be painkillers. Yeah, a pro-wrestler needing painkillers - shocker, right? It's the culture, kids: blame, blame, blame, and if no one's there to blame, make someone. Still, the anabolic steroids is pretty damning - I just wanted to point out the painkiller bit because of the American legal system's constant need to "make an example" of people and "teach them a lesson."

In an even more bizarre twist, another former wrestler, a woman who was married to yet another wrestler who was once married to Benoit's wife, died on the 15th of this month and cops say there may be a connection. They will only say she "did not die of natural causes."

No comments: