https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, March 18, 2007

300 #1 for 2nd Week


Well, I guess you can call me Karnak. Or Kreskin. Or Uri Geller.

Okay, maybe I'm taking this whole prediction thing a little far. After all, it's not like 300 had any real competition. Still, I said it would top the box office for at least the first two weeks and it did. It surpassed all predictions its first week with $70 million (even high estimates suggested a $50 million opening) and held the top spot this weekend with $31.2 million. That means 300 has passed the $100 million mark.

I have no idea how much Frank Miller is getting from all this. In fact, I really can't say that I understand fully the whole concept of "points" in the movie biz, but I'm damn sure he's rolling in the dough regardless. It's not like the guy was hurting for money before this, but wowza! Talk about a score...

Miller's next movie project is Will Eisner's Spirit. Miller will apparently be writing and directing the movie; he is definitely directing, but I'm not positive who the screenwriter is.

No comments: