https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Comics vs. Saving Money


I've been talking for a while now about moving. I just can't live here anymore. I am tired of living ass-to-elbows on top of other people. I don't want another apartment, even a nicer one; I want my own, free-standing house. I don't care if I have to rent it or if I can somehow afford to buy one (doubtful, but maybe possible - just maybe), I have to have it. Problem is, I can't save money.

I've tried and tried and tried. Everytime I get a little bit of money together, I end up going out and spending it. This time, I stayed inside and spent it.

See, I went to find a specific title to subscribe to, but when I got there, I realized that the title won't be released until August, in the meantime however, I was distracted by all the new titles coming out in July - mainly from DC. So I subscribed to them. All. Pretty much all of them, anyway.

Wha-at? I couldn't help myself! Who knows how much these could be worth one day? And then what will you say? "You had a chance to get that and you didn't? Wow." That's what you'd say - that's what you'd all say - and I've said it too many times myself. A lot of them are only mini-series, so I won't be out a whole lot of money or anything, but my average monthly costs of like $25.00 just doubled. Well, slightly more than doubled.

So I may not be able to move just as soon as I wanted to. Still, I'm going to figure out a way to move within the next couple of months, I just have to. No matter how many comics I'm getting, they only serve as a distraction; moving away from here is the cure.


No comments: