Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Some Rundown-y Bits

I still have a few old "news" to get out to you - stuff that got shuffled into the bookmarks - and I am still seeing red after the debacle they called a hearing in Decatur County, TN Monday before last. It really bothers me because it has taken centerstage in my brain and it's becoming harder and harder to concentrate on my work and the other areas of my life. That's what I was saying about bullying and injustice the other day: it isn't easy to just "get over it" and "move on" and "let it go."

Being held in a jail cell for 7 days on a 12-hour charge in a small, Southern town full of meth heads and Christian zealots who never practice what they preach leads to some pretty damaging rumors and assumptions which simply exacerbates the anger, frustration, and depression I'm already facing over the original mistreatment. And no matter how I try to handle it, you can't "just get over" something that still affects you on a daily basis.

But I have run it over in my mind so much that I'm about to get sick of it. Of course, I am still trying to find out my options and decide whether or not I want to carry out the appeal or not. I had to file it so I could get it in before the deadline, but I am not sure if I want to mess with it. Those assholes are so low-down, dirty, and dishonest, that I do not want to fool with them ever again. Of course, seeing as how they just do whatever the hell they want to, that may not be my choice to make. They may decide to change charges again, or add new ones, and whether I drop the appeal and just pay the blackmail they demand or not, whether or not I decide to slap them with a much-deserved civil suit, they may continue to harass me and slap me with new warrants for anything they want to - after all, they'll just change them whenever they want to - the system in Decatur County, TN just does whatever they want to... except the right thing - except follow and uphold the law.

Eff 'em.

I am looking to move ASAP, so anyone needing a roommate or having some spare room in exchange for some hard-earned cash, leave me a message! I won't publish it, but I will see it, so it doesn't matter which post you comment on.

Anyway, I may not have mentioned it here, but I got the forums back up for The Speakeasy and I have been making a list of polls to post and some other fun things to get some action going in there, but you need to sign up to really enjoy them. I hate again that I couldn't save the old Speakeasy and, again, I apologize for that. But who's to say it won't return? Of course, that means that you may have re-register twice... or three times, whatever. Nobody likes a math nerd.

Also, check out Jay's Money blog recently added to the Blogroll there to your right. He has all sorts of stuff, but a lot of jokes and fun bits - really fun read!

Don't forget to vote for us down there at the bottom on the sidebar. You can vote once a day and we could really use the traffic, so if you have a moment (it literally only takes a moment), we'd really appreciate it!

Depending on how I feel, there may be more to come tonight and there is definitely more to come tomorrow, so here's to hoping your weekend was a good one and this week brings you much joy, wealth, prosperity, and... you know, whatever.

No comments: