https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dang Cable Bill

Ain't life grand?

Turns out I somehow overlooked my cable bill this month. I felt certain I paid it, but I use that automatic bill-pay thing from the bank and I may not have. Either that or it's taking an inordinate amount of time to reach them.

Now I do not have the money to pay this bill this late in the month. Once some of these payments come through, I'll be able to pay something on it, but nowhere near the full amount. I've been messing with that and just don't feel very well still. I got off my schedule with my medications (I missed taking them for like 2 days) and they are playing hell with my guts. Takes a few days for them to get back into your system and those are some bumpy few days!

I know that I finally got out of jail after being held 7 days on a 12-hour charge by Decatur County, TN officers for making a "non-emergency 911 call," which came about because I turned-in a neighbor who had left her 8-month old child in the house alone. The girl told the police we were dating - a total lie, by the by - and that fueled their little case against me. Now, I may be out of jail (for now - God willing, period), but I hate it when people say shit like, "Let it go - it's over - time to move on..."

I'm still paying for this non-existent crime!

The latest on this came from a guy I met while in jail, who told me they arrested some guy from Jackson, TN recently and held him for several months. Apparently, the guy had a large sum of cash on-hand because he was paying his rent and deposit, as well as getting his utilities turned on, as he was moving here. He also had 2 - two - pain pills on him. They impounded his car, seized his cash, and threw him in jail for several weeks on claims that he was selling pills! I don't know if the guy is telling the truth or not, but that's the point: having been on the receiving-end of their corruption, I'd basically side against them for any reason - not to mention that it sounds about like some bullshit Decatur County, TN would pull.

The friend told me the story reminded him of me because the poor guy was cussing every cop he came across. Heh. Well, I don't blame him...

I'm truly shocked that no one has looked into this stuff more. It seems there is no end to the amount of complaints against this police force, yet no one seems to want to take them on. I think most politicos figure we're all too stupid and uneducated to be bothered with, but they are going to be surprised at the polls this coming election!

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

I hope they'll be surprised this election year...

Turns out, I did pay the bill, but the bank has it listed as "XFER TO EXTERNAL ACCOUNT" and the cable company has not received it yet. Of course this happens over the holiday weekend - when else would it?

Still, the person I talked to last night said they wouldn't shut-off the cable, which is a very good thing... now I just have to make sure they don't cut-off the utilities...

Heck, at least I have a single day where, if everything will just keep from going completely effing wrong, I should be able to relax...

He said, hands folded...