https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Showtime Sued for Californication

The Red Hot Chili Peppers are suing Showtime Networks over the new Californication TV show title. But it isn't just the title they discuss in their suit; apparently, the Chili Peppers have been cited and referenced a few times in the show.

Former X-Files star, David Duchovny, stars as a writer who decides to "sleep his way across the Southland," according to E! Online. I do not get Showtime and have not seen the show. I sometimes get a free weekend and I think there was one here recently, but I missed it somehow. It isn't hard to do when they show the commercial one time two weeks before it happens...

Still, Californication hasn't exactly set the entertainment world on fire; most of the reviews I've seen are lukewarm, at best.

Showtime spokespeople had not commented on the lawsuit.

No comments: