Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day

Starting tomorrow, the big company overseers who own the complex in which I currently reside are going to be doing door-to-door checks to make sure everyone is in compliance or whatever. I have to tape-down wires and really clean and organize this place today. Of course, there's only so much I can do in one day and they may not even come by here (but they skipped me last year, so there's a better chance they might), so I'll also have some time to work on it tomorrow, but I have to do what I can today.

I got started earlier this morning and I'm hoping it's not going to be that bad. Just picking up errant pens, coins, screws, tools, and other odds and ends helped a lot! You don't realize how much shit you just cast aside wherever you find an empty spot until you start picking that shit up and putting it in the right place - suddenly, I have a bar... and a desk in the bedroom!

But some of this stuff isn't so easy. I have a monitor I need to hook-up and make sure it's dead, as well as about five computers I need to find someplace to store for a few days. I really need to pull them out and Frankenstein one, good one, but I haven't found the time to do that yet, so that isn't going to happen today. I have a stereo I have to set-up on the desk and that will free-up a little more room on the floor so I can move some of the boxes that are storing my umpteen-billion pieces of paper to make room for more monitors...

The sickest thing is that I'm going to get all of this stuff put in its place and by this time next week, it will all be back out, strewn across the apartment, because I'll have to move it all to find something I've covered up.

Anyway, the point is that, between this and fixing the Chill sections which are reading the wrong title graphics, I'm only going to be able to get you some of the press releases I receive, as well as some of those from last week I've been putting-off. But it won't be completely dead... just slow, like it's been in general here lately.

No comments: