https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One Thing After Another Thing After a Windows Thing...

Ah yes...

So we're sitting here, waiting for the cultural phenomenon that is American Idol when the power goes out. It stays off for less than a minute and comes back to life, flickering. I wait until it stabilizes, recycle the modem, and reboot the rig.

A few minutes later, the damned lights go out again. This time they stay out. For 3-1/2 hours!

When they come back on, the temperature is 29ยบ and effing Windows Mail is giving me one of those motherf...ather um general errors. Turns out it cannot initialize the something or other. I spend about an hour downloading this utility and fiddling with that registry and so forth, then come across a message that tells me the "easiest" way is to just upgrade to another service. I do that... still no dice.

So I basically just lost 2 months' worth of mail, all of my folders, and I'm guessing everything I had in my Windows Mail... not to mention that the new service I "upgraded" to isn't working now, either.

I'm stumped, aggravated, and completely dismayed. I can't win for losing here.

I'm going to bed and, just maybe, praying for death.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: