https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Monday, May 12, 2008

Batman 89 vs. Batman 08

Ha! I found this over on Sequentially Speaking and thought you'd get as big a kick out of it as I did.

Yes, someone certainly did do this on purpose, which I think is pretty cheap. Obviously, some bean-counting executive called the trailer guy in the boardroom and told him to do this. I've said time and again how it's basically mandatory these days for movies to have at least one "homage" to one of the classics of the same genre in there, just to... prove they know something about what they're doing or something but this here is just a blatant rip-off and these blatant rip-offs are becoming more and more the norm, I'm afraid.

Given Heath Ledger's death, I think Batman's box office showing is pretty much a given. This was just unnecessary.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: