Banner: Shi - Available @ DriveThruComics.com

Monday, June 09, 2008

Morning!

Morning, Nerds!

I've been up for a little while, I just have a heck of a lot to do today to get ready for the rest of the week. Yes, I have said it enough, but it bears repeating: I don't know how long I'll be away. God willing, everything will go just fine and my recovery time won't be any longer than anyone else's, but I have no idea how long that is supposed to be. Thus, I really have a lot to do to get ready for all of this.

I have to clean my entire house, wash my dishes, cook food in advance, write and schedule a LOAD of posts across all the blogs, set my away messages - just everything. I did some things over the weekend, but there was only so much I could do because it was the weekend.

I'll have some stuff for you throughout today, both here and elsewhere, and then I'll have a few things throughout the week scheduled to appear. Sean from ComicBookSecrets.com is scheduled to guest in my absence and I will try to read-along, though I'm sure I'll be down and out until the weekend. Still, for everything I have to do, I slept late and have been staying up pretty late in general the last week or so, so I expect to be up quite late to get everything done.

One of the things I have gotten involved in is syndication. Right now, I am not syndicating for money; at this point, I am simply posting articles previously published here with "teasers," telling people to visit the blog for the rest of the article. I just started doing this, so a lot of today will be spent editing and placing things on these sites. I am doing this to boost readership and visits, in general, more than anything. So if you see something you've read here with a "teaser" link, you know I did it; if you see the whole article or whatever, you know it's been "scraped" and you should report it. In fact, part of the reason I decided to do this is because I'm tired of my content being "scraped," so I figured, "if you can't beat 'em..."

I'm not certain what-all I can do to make my life easier while I'm down, but I'm thinking I can switch my mouse buttons around so I can use it with my left hand. I know I'm going to try and figure it all out today and get everything set before I leave.

Anyway, you'll definitely hear from me today and then throughout the week, and - depending on how I feel (or how many painkillers I've taken) - I'll try my best to post an update sometime this week or next weekend.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: