https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Friday, September 05, 2008

This Season's Venture Bros.

Once again, I could not sleep and, once again, [adult swim] took me in like the wayward stepson I am. So here I am at 3-some-odd in the AM, watching a Venture Bros. rerun and then some good old Frisky Dingo, when it occurred to me that I basically missed both seasons of these shows! Was it just me?

I saw a single article related to the season finale of Venture Brothers and though it was positive, it was the only one I saw! I saw nothing relating to Frisky Dingo and am not even sure if it is coming back! I hope it does because when it rocked, it ROCKED. When you see an episode of Sealab 2021 against basically any episode of Frisky Dingo, there is just no comparison; Frisky Dingo blows Sealab right out of the water - literally. And yet, neither show managed to generate so much as a slight buzz online - at least not one I noticed.

I love both shows and hope they both continue on for many, many seasons, but I have to wonder if most everyone else lost the [adult swim] vibe there for the last year or so. The programming really hit the shitter and stayed there a while. I think a whole lot of the audience - myself included - moved on to other late-night fare and it is hard to get back in the [as] swing.

Publick and 70/30 should jump all over Ted Turner; the programming snafu seems to have hit their little projects quite hard.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: