https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Too... Everything

It's too early. And I am far sicker than I thought.

I don't know if this is just the way this whole cold thing goes; if it's the cold, rainy nights; or if it's that this is the worst allergy season on record (according to what passes for "local news" here). All I know is that I have been downing aspirin like some weird, OTC addict and I am hating life because I'm out of nasal spray! I woke up an hour or so ago and was determined to go back to sleep, but Angel
and the cold air conspired to get me out of bed, so I made a pot of coffee and here I sit.

I managed to get to the bank last night and included a print-out of the screen cap with the words *Pending Transactions highlighted, just to let them know I will contest any fees they try to levy on a .98¢ overdraft. I don't know what it is with .98¢ this month - my credit card company tried saying I was over the limit by the same amount (and I am disputing that, as well - they charged me twice for two charges that were on July's bill, as well). I may overpay all my other bills my exactly .98¢ for October, just to be sure.

You know, someone recently said to me, "Why do these things always seem to be happening to you?" and I really didn't have an answer for her at the time, however I contend there is nothing special about my situation, save this: I actually take the time to look at these things and contest them whenever there is a mistake on the other end. Far too many people have that "just go on and pay it" attitude, and while those people may be less stressed than I (at least regularly), I simply do not have that kind of money. Not to mention I have let so many things "just go" over the years that, since this whole entrapment/cover-up thing, I'm on a mission.

In my case, it would not "just" be easier to go on and pay the extra $20-30 and leave it be. Besides, why should I?

Anyway, I was lying there, philosophizing to myself in that bloggy way we bloggers are wont to do when not actively blogging, and figured I may as well get up and set it forth. I'm expecting PRs today and, God willing, I may actually finish some of these comics reviews. But because I really am sick, I can't make any promises; the only certainty is that I have to get some medicine, which will probably make me sleepy - in which case, I plan on sleeping!

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

No comments: