https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dark Conspiracy Update

I honestly had no idea how much Dark Conspiracy material I have! I mean, I honestly don't remember doing half of this stuff! I figured I either did not have it and needed to do it or I had it on paper, but not formatted or in the computer. I was wrong... very wrong.

I mean, it's great that I was - it means there is a whole lot more closer to being ready for publication than I thought - but it's still a ways away. Depending on how everything goes this holiday, I may be able to get it out to you by Christmas; most likely, you will start seeing stuff here and there over the next few weeks. Like most everything, the department will never be "finished" - it will continue to grow - but I have to kind of work forward and backward at the same time so I don't publish a bunch of stuff with links to nothing. This is difficult.

Even more difficult is the editing. I am actually not bad at editing others' work - I'm distanced from it enough that the errors are apparent - but when it comes to my own stuff, I am easily confused. I move sentences - entire paragraphs - then turn around and put them right back where they were... the old quote, 'I spent the whole morning removing a comma. That afternoon, I put it back in.' (That's obviously not the actual quote; I can't remember it word for word, so I paraphrased.)

At any rate, while there is almost as much stuff for Champions that needs the same treatment, I am steadfastly working on Dark Conspiracy right this moment. You will begin seeing stuff throughout the month.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

3 comments:

Marcus Bone said...

Hi there... Did you know that someone currently has the license for Dark Conspiracy, and is working on a 3rd edition?

Maybe you'd be interested in throwing your stuff in with that?

Marcus

Manodogs said...

Do you know who, Marcus? I came across a website a while back that claimed to own the rights, but it was not the same company I was told had them (the only thing that company offered was the terms we published in the TOS).

I would certainly be interested in talking to them, if you know who they are! I had planned on sending a message to the guys at this other website, giving them access to the drafts before I published them, but haven't done that yet.

Thanks for writing!

Manodogs said...

Marcus, I sent you a message which was returned. The domain name you provided is not found online, either. I found your name on P&Pdb, but it provides no contact address. Please resend your contact info along with a profile page or something in case it won't go through and I will contact you immediately. Thanks!