https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Punisher Flops

The box office results for the post-Thanksgiving weekend are in and Punisher: War Zone is a bonafide turkey. Grossing just over $4 million, Punisher: War Zone is officially the worst-performing Marvel screen adaptation so far - doing even worse than their most famous flop, Howard the Duck!

Some blame the release of Transporter 3 for stealing some of Punisher: War Zone's thunder, while the slim advertising campaign was also mentioned, but what threw me in the trailers I saw was the over-acting by whomever is playing Jigsaw (not to mention that high voice) and the fact that Punny once again has no skull on his chest. As at least 249020490 others have said before me, a Punisher without his logo is just a gun-wielding psychopath in black garb.

Four Christmases led the charts for a second week, followed by Twilight.

© C Harris Lynn, 2008

1 comment:

Manodogs said...

You can tell when I'm "on" and when I'm not; I should have titled this Punisher War Zone Bombs.

I need more sleep, my bills paid, a female friend... creativity does not flourish in my conditions.