https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Project Runway Catwalks to Lifetime

NBCU and The Weinstein Co. have finally settled their lawsuit regarding Project Runway: starting this summer, the Emmy-winning reality show has a new home at Lifetime. Lifetime will also play host to the companion series, Models of the Runway.

I've seen several seasons of Project Runway (I'm certainly no fashion maven, but it is a fun show and some of those people are incredibly talented) and I always wondered about the model thing. Each episode, the designers choose from the pool of pu... models and whichever one doesn't get chosen gets "Auf Wiedersehen"-ed. But I have never seen the show and have no idea where, if anywhere, it has ever been shown. However, Models of the Runway most definitely will be appearing on the Lifetime Network from here out, along with its sister show - and it's apparently "new." ??? I know they have been eliminating models ever since Project Runway started, so if the show focusing on the models ever ran anywhere (even online), I have never seen it nor ever heard anyone discuss it.

The Lifetime contract is for five more seasons of Project Runway. I do not know if Lifetime will show reruns or if they will continue on Bravo.

© C Harris Lynn, 2009

No comments: