https://www.entertainmentearth.com/pjdoorway.asp?source=pjn&subid={subid}&url=hitlist.asp?theme=Game+of+Thrones

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Free Comic Book Day

Yes, today is Free Comic Book Day, and I sincerely hope you all are enjoying yourselves wherever you happen to be, doing whatever it is you happen to be doing. Sadly, this is the umpteenth FCBD I have missed, because I live so far out... There is good news, though: Many of the publishers have provided sneak-peeks of their FCBD offerings! So I decided to collect a bunch of them for us all to enjoy!

According to some, FCBD is supposed to help retailers by bringing potential customers into their shops. I can see this, but I thought FCBD was supposed to be for the fans? I mean, I thought they were supposed to entice fans into buying more comics, whether from retailers, online, subscription, et.al. To these ends, I do wonder why more comics publishers don't offer online versions of their FCBD titles, or simply offer free webcomics.

Plus, I've heard story after story about retailers limiting the free comics one can get according to how many comics they purchase. And I guarantee you I'll end-up paying something for the FCBD issues I pick-up, because I advance order online.

Either way, despite the fact that I've yet to enjoy it, Free Comic Book Day is just as cool as all get-out.

© C Harris Lynn, 2010

No comments: